Merseyside clubs to fight for Onazi

Everton, Liverpool trying to sign Lazio midfielder Ongenyi Onazi

Posted: 7 January 2014 Time: 10:22 am

Everton are trying to beat Liverpool to sign Lazio’s Nigerian international midfielder Ongenyi Onazi according to reports in Italy.

Join us on Facebook and Twitter for more interaction over this.

CLICK HERE to win N30 000 in airtime

According to Italian news outlet Il Tempo, the two Merseyside clubs are set to battle it out to try and sign the 20-year-old who has been in fine form for his Italian club this season.

Everton have been linked to the midfielder for some time but according to TuttoMercatoWeb the player is unlikely to move in the January Transfer Window.

Should Onazi decide to leave Lazio the chances are likely he will choose Liverpool over Everton as in November he said: "I would jump at the chance to play in the Premier League.

"Liverpool? They are a huge team and are attractive to any footballer. I could see myself playing for them."

Game147
posted: 10:32am 07/01/2014
Ogenyi 'angry wasp' Onazi . This boy can chase breeze on the pitch .Always a thorn in the flesh of opponents. Very energetic,intelligent,humble,passionate and productive footballer. Why Everton and Liverpool no go chase am ? Football dey hide ? He also possesses impeccable vision and passing ability ( especially that pass which led to S.E's first goal against Rwanda ) . May all S.E players remain fit for the World Cup, In Jesus Name,Amen.
atalakpa7
posted: 10:52am 07/01/2014
You are welcome to Anfield Onazi,a place where no one walks alone because we are always by your side. This decision is the best you can make in order to uplift your career to a new height.
endymurphy
posted: 11:01am 07/01/2014
Anfield is the best for you... you are a good player
UCHEZIDANE
posted: 12:01pm 07/01/2014
Onaz, come to Anfield, The future is bright
cambiaso
posted: 12:12pm 07/01/2014
I'm not sure I subscribe to him going to Anfield. I think Goodison park will be a better option. My reason is this, Victor Moses hasn't exactly faired well under Brendan Rodgers, while Moses on the other hand became a better player under the tutelage of Martinez.

I think he will become a better footballer if he joins Everton.
Jjd
posted: 12:13pm 07/01/2014
Onazi my man. Angel from a black race. I support your choice.
GoodLuck Jonathan
posted: 12:26pm 07/01/2014
Ignore them all and stick to Lazio.
CHARLIE BROWN
posted: 12:58pm 07/01/2014
Liverpool looks more attractive but as a young player who is still learning everton will do him more good under the tutelage of martinez (arguably the best coach in epl this season). Onazi is a super talent and needs a good gafer who will be patient enough for him to develop. But I advice he should remain in lazio for now, maybe after this season he can move.
Essexgod
posted: 01:36pm 07/01/2014
He will feel more at home at Everton than at Liverpool. Am a Nigerian, and believe me, I know what am talking about.
ogbonna
posted: 04:26pm 07/01/2014
Liverpool here is Onazi delay is dangerous.
gabros_intnl
posted: 09:38pm 07/01/2014
Locomotive engine of the Super Eagles...bro move on, you'll never be alone.
luise-hero
posted: 12:41am 08/01/2014
i hope this story is coming from the right source ,not a twister copy and paste news

,,Liverpool could have been better
,Everton has always be the opposite to our players Amokachi and yobo can testifier
Snappy229
posted: 02:42am 08/01/2014
Jus finished reading bout omeruo's move to middlesbrough but can't comment cuz d gap given by d fans to comment iz to much...xo respect wit my fellow point of view...ASAP hw can a player going to world cup be playing in a championship and we nigerians are habouring to lift the trophy...how can moses been benched gravely at liverpool be our target man for world cup?...how can we rely on a player of efe ambrose to deliver when we all know dah his recovering rate is poor and allows passes to isle through the defence easily...how can we rely on brown ideye when a striker can miss countless of begging chances?...with respect nd husle my fellow fans y dont we clamour let moses leave liverpool nd join teams of everton version to geh a little bit of time on the pitch rather on the bench...nid ur commentz

Please report abusive posts to editor@kickoff.com. Logged in users can select "report" next to the offending comment.

Live Scores