Emenike targets Afcon Golden Boot

Posted: 31 January 2013 Time: 10:44 am

Nigeria striker Emmanuel Emenike has targeted to be the top goalscorer at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.

Emenike says that he believes Nigeria will progress in the tournament and adds that he is confident of adding to his two-goal tally so far.

"I am very happy that we are in the quarterfinal stage of this competition where anything can happen," he told Goal.com.

CLICK HERE for more on the 2013 Afcon

"A lot of people have written us off like they did before we played against the Ethiopians but we not only emerged victorious, we also qualified to the quarterfinals of the competition.

"Before coming to this competition I prayed to my God and also worked very hard both in my club and in the national team.

"I can tell you that my ambition is to help my country win this competition as well as emerge the highest goal scorer of this tournament."

Nigeria face tournament favourites Ivory Coast in Sunday's quarterfinal at Royal Bafokeng Stadium.

kaizer chiefs no:1 in the UK
posted: 10:49am 31/01/2013
Ohhh dear here we go again,you failed in South African first division pal...every Tom & Jerry wants the fame
GinoFeelo Balotelli
posted: 10:52am 31/01/2013
Angeke ukubone lokho Emmenike....cos Mbesuma will be the highest scorer of this tournament

PS: I wish Ndumiso \"RVP\" Mabena was part of the AFCON team...this Nigerian guy would have never said these words cos RVP would have been on the lead by 7 goals already.
LEO8
posted: 11:02am 31/01/2013
Sangweni will get it!
uta
posted: 11:11am 31/01/2013
@fkc don't lie , he was top goal scorer and went to turkey...I wish nigeria beat ivory cost so we can have a beta chance of going to the final bt with nigeria firing blanks and pellets I doubt they do it
stanslinks
posted: 11:18am 31/01/2013
More grease to your elbow. May God bless the Super Eagles.
Good luck
posted: 11:18am 31/01/2013
Welldone another new Rasidi Yekini please up your game against Ivory Coast you are the future no 9 for Nigeria. I wish super eagles and bafana bafana best of lucks.
Brian-wa-Lesele
posted: 11:19am 31/01/2013
eseng sangweni aleteng
Makgoane
posted: 11:21am 31/01/2013
Remember you are on par with a defender Sangweni on 2 goals and he is still up to the challenge. You better do something extra ordinary if you dream of toping the charts at the end of AFCON 2013.
THAPELO
posted: 11:23am 31/01/2013
Pray that Sangweni don't get injured.
Sir eeemzaa-walikhosi
posted: 11:34am 31/01/2013
Forget my oga the major is back on action together with his parkerising main-machine.
Nkomazifinest
posted: 11:59am 31/01/2013
So because you scored two penalties so you think you are better than everyone in south Africa we got major and he got skill he got good move intelligent is his description he got balz he is back so be aware only if you will witch him
promochuks
posted: 12:15pm 31/01/2013
@Nkomazi....MOSES scored two penalties, whereas Emenike scored 2 normal goals. I'd suggest you get your facts straight, before spilling your hate. That being let out, i wish Super Eagles the best. Win or Lose, i'm glad we weren't embarrased by going off on group stage. Let's enjoy the African nations cup and stop all these verbal attack on each other.
coache
posted: 12:21pm 31/01/2013
I respect you Emenike but this statement of wanting to be the highest goal scorer means you will not win the award and THIS WILL AFFECT THE ENTIRE TEAM.

In Nigeria football history, each time we went for tournaments and a player said he wants to be the highest goal scorer, we never won the competition. Play and forget about highest goal scorer. If it comes, let it come otherwise SHUT UP YOU MOUTH.

Coache
coache
posted: 12:26pm 31/01/2013
I think Keshi and Amodu are using the same witch doctor. You can hardly win the team they coach easily, yet when their team wins, Everybody is sad.

This kind of football is called Mumudukashi-Hypertensive football.

Coache
lastairbender
posted: 04:37pm 31/01/2013
respect to u any way ,,,, but u could not bulldozer ur way through Ethiopia defense so what make u believe that u can do it against ivory...
guys talk is cheap....
we dey look keshi boys mumudukashi hypertensive football. TB JO I HOPE NO BE UR HAND WORK BE THIS

Please report abusive posts to editor@kickoff.com