Keshi agonizes over long-term plans

Posted: 18 January 2013 Time: 06:52 am

Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi has said he agonized over the decision to leave out some of his more experienced players from the African Nations Cup squad.

The likes of Osaze Odemwingie, Obafemi Martins, Taye Taiwo, Kalu Uche were not considered for the tournament despite having a combined total of 179 caps between them.

But Keshi explained that he was working on a long term project and needed to give opportunities to younger players "It was difficult, very difficult but the thing is that you have to spread the opportunities to everyone.

CLICK HERE for more on the 2013 Afcon

"The younger kids here are desperate. They are on fire.

"I'm not saying the experienced ones don't have the same, but we are not here just for this Nations Cup, but building for the next five years and for the 2014 World Cup."

Keshi went to great lengths to insist that the excluded players remain part of the team. "They are still part of this team, and we still have the qualifiers in March and they can be involved."

Article by: Colin Udoh

posted: 08:06am 18/01/2013
Yes, you are right. But i still believe we should have included Osaze, Martins and Taiwo. In Taiwo's position we have nobody there. Echiejile has no business being in that team. Anyway, this is not the time to complain. We must support our darling Eagles. 9ja for life.
posted: 08:17am 18/01/2013
For get about agonising, you believed you chose the best, let the results speak for you otherwise you will be booted!
Doycino
posted: 08:20am 18/01/2013
just becoze the days i near by u will face zambia you will see how kalaba will sort u out.
Game147
posted: 08:26am 18/01/2013
If this current crop of players can get to the final then it's surely a plus for Keshi. The so-called experienced players haven't achieved anything in the past. The project is not getting to the final but winning the trophy . Up Naija.
Game147
posted: 08:34am 18/01/2013
Who is 'kalaba' ? Calabash ? Mtcheeeew . Fluke champions, you guys will surely replicate Chelsea's disgraceful record. Stay tuned.
Azeebi
posted: 08:43am 18/01/2013
I don't know where these Zambians got their confidence from you are meeting a team of Super Eagles class, but you still got the guts to boast about... Spain made such noise before we met in 1998 world cup, Mozambique tried such in 2010. All is history...
Do fans play football? Yes, passively.
In the next ten days we will be discussing excuses I am sure....
For South Africans, just cool down and watch football, but certainly Zambia is not going to win this one...
@kwame
posted: 09:15am 18/01/2013
Breaking news:
Former zambia coach boss , claud leroy resigns from congo national team. Fears of being dismantled by Ghana. Believe it or not.
obrtinho
posted: 09:18am 18/01/2013
cote d'voire the champions second pleace ghana third mali. by the time nigaria meet zambia they will already eliminated from the nations cup. This nigerians will be eliminated by KATONGO, KALABA, MAYUK and MBESUMA
Commonsense
posted: 09:48am 18/01/2013
Well, what can I say? Keshi seems to have this all locked down. He seems to know what he is about. The only thing for me is that am yet to identify Keshi's philosophy to the game. Most of the team he's coached often lack cohesion. I believe I noted that specifically with his Mali team. Can't remember exactly how the Togo season panned out.

I say it's good to look ahead to the main one, 2014 Brazil hosted world cup. It shows that our administrators are begining to think progressively and perhaps plan accordingly.

My advise for Keshi is to manage his vision properly and set realistic targets that won't put him in unnecessary pressures. Setting the Afcon cup as target given what he has I believe is unrealistic. Unbelievably too is Keshi quoted for saying this present crop of Eagles are greater than the 94 team. I think going the Yobo way of taking the game one at a time is more like it. Be confident that you've got a good team though not yet matured but ready enough to compete and so you are there to take your chances and hopefully win. Keshi, I dey your side. Nothing do you, Boss.
▌▌ Y1NKA ,¸¸,ø¤º°º¤ ᵀᴴᴱ'ᴼᴿᴵᴳᴵᴻᴬᴸ ╚ll╝
posted: 09:50am 18/01/2013
▌▌✨Yiηkα ★

Its sometimes impossible to make everyone happy! #Fact! Lets just hope its for the best.

KEEP CALM & SUPPORT #TEAM NIGERIA
....Oηє ℓσvє Nαιjα
NU KING (ba mu da kingi)
posted: 11:07am 18/01/2013
Unless name would play for us, we aren't here with our best team. the only advantage with such players is they can lay down their lives cos they want to prove something. if they have enough strength they will spring wonders together. but if that is less, then reverse shall be the case. may be this is Keshi's philosophy. he knows they will be all over chasing balls and play less.
this baby team can win teams. but i will be surprise if they rule africa cos it will be a big shame we could rule even with a baby team.

i think we ca do something. history will speak for us!!!

WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!!
Good luck
posted: 11:44am 18/01/2013
I wishes Keshi and his teams best of lucks in the AFCON, may God grants you the strengh and power to overcome and rules African, Naija forever!
posted: 01:35pm 18/01/2013
Keshi please stop this long story. Is Juwon Oshinawon younger than Taiye Taiwo. Please go to Lagos and ask around and you will know the answer to this question. What about Ejike Uzoenyi who claims to be 20 while he has 5 years experience in the NPL. Keshi, women lie, men lie. But numbers don't lie
Slyman
gbolahanjames
posted: 01:53pm 18/01/2013
That's OK. MR BIG BOSS.
Omo 9ja
posted: 02:08pm 18/01/2013
Keshi knew that he made a big mistake by excluded the experience players, the time will tell. Good luck Eagles. God bless Nigeria!!!
topstarz
posted: 02:29pm 18/01/2013
Mine oh Mine, Nations cup na tomorrow, Cape verde 2 - South africa 1 , who wan stake?
posted: 02:29pm 18/01/2013
The last line on my post was from Lil Wizie. We should stop lieing to ourselves. Keshi you cannot eat your cake and have it too. You cannot build for the future with men who are as old or older than the ones you are replacing. The only reason they are desperate is because they were not good enough to get deals in Europe and their careers are coming to their end. Even Chigozie Agbim claims his official age is the same as Ejide's. How can he get better now? Picking Moses, Aluko, Carl Ikeme and Joel Obi means we have players for the next 5 years not the likes of Agbim and Oshinawon. Having completely disgraced Osaze, Taiwo and Martins, how can you possibly argue that they are still in your plans. Have you even considered that by your actions, \" you no dey my plans\" may be their reply like Osaze said on twittier.

I believe @ Commonsense said it best with this \"So in leaving out your more experienced players for a tournament of this magnitude and moving in with neophytes who you actually intend to to mature in 2014 is somewhat. Especially when Keshi is emphatic that these d players are still relevant in his 2014 plans. Knowing that they will have gotten to the end of their ropes by then.My advise for Keshi is to manage his vision properly and set realistic targets that won't put him in unnecessary pressures. Setting the Afcon cup as target given what he has I believe is unrealistic. \" Slyman
Azyd
posted: 03:02pm 18/01/2013
Sincerely speakin,i fink mr.keshi has done d right tin by leavin out most of the team's experiencd players...i mean,dis guyz av bin goin to dis same nations cup 4 years n dey av faild to deliver,let dis group of players go ahead and play dia hrts out,let dem shom d zeal n patriotism in dem n den we can judge...besides majority of dis players av good pedigree,dey feature regularly for dia club sides n play very well....so on dis,i am suportin keshi,evn if we do nt win d cup or get to d finals
longman
posted: 03:30pm 18/01/2013
Best of luck to keshi n his boys! Up super eagles!!
Spoton
posted: 03:43pm 18/01/2013
Sorry for being persimistic but I am not expecting eagles to win this cup
The tournament will help to build the team so they can challenge for the title in Morrocco 2015
Game147
posted: 04:07pm 18/01/2013
When other countries pour hate utterances on us , we complain without considering the obvious fact that we give them the right. Why can't we be patriotic for once in ourlives ? Everyone knows that I'm a heavy critic of Keshi's style ( and haven't changed yet) but now is the time to support my Nation. We trash certain players as not been patriotic but we are far worse than them. Abeg me una stop to dey talk trash and support your nation. Tufiakwa . Up Super Eagles jare.
ZambiaMan
posted: 05:51pm 18/01/2013
Good plan Mr Keshi, only problem is, you won't be there to accomplish your objective. You will be fired after this tourn. I like the idea tho!
Azeebi
posted: 05:59pm 18/01/2013
If Juwon or Ejike are old as Taiwo, that I can stand firm to argue on.
But Ruben Gabriel and Obiora Nwankwo grew up here in Kaduna with us...by 2004 Obiora who was in a street Team called Arsenal of GoninGora was still not strong enough for first place... Gabriel from the same Environment with Ungwan Television's Lucky Stars FC was also too young to feature...
Efe Ambrose another player from Kaduna born like Victor Moses, though more mature than the other two is also young..
These players I know very well from their individual selves to their various families...
With what I am reading from various piece here, most have no business commenting on football maters.
Was it not the same system that we use in 1990 to raised the most formidable team ever in Africa? 80% of those players were made up of domestic league, Keshi was among the dropped players then..
What is the use of carying bunch of self-fish players for five tounaments with bad succeessive results.. Last time these so-called big names couldn't qualify Nigeria, now these group had played the qualifiers sucessfully, Nigerians with their usual stupidity wants those who failed to qualify to go and play the major competition.. Was that not what you did to Ahmodu Shuaibu? After raising our ranking from 34th by July 2008 to respectfull 15th and had qualified us to the world cup, the same ingrates called Nigerian sacked him with all such record and picked a coach who failed to qualify his native land to a disgraceful outing...
I think most Nigerians needs amnesia test...
NU KING (ba mu da kingi)
posted: 06:07pm 18/01/2013
i am just amazed all of a sudden people are beginning to think nigeria should win the cup. with what class of players should they win the cup? some one should give me a good logic.

as for me, i will say the experiment worked during qualifiers and i wait to see how it will work in AFCON. I AM NOT A DREAMER but i believe there is miracle.

WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!!
posted: 06:41pm 18/01/2013
@ Azeebi, before you start giving Nigerians amnesia test, you need to take one yourself.

You said Amodu won silver in Nations Cup I have asked you what year that happened, you are changing the subject. I am asking you again, when did Amodu win Silver in Nations Cup?

You said the English were successful. I am asking you again since 1966 world cup what has England won? Please answer.

Now you can argue on the age of Juwon Oshinawon and Ejike Uzoenyi but you conveniently changed the subject and started talking about Obiora and Gabriel Reuben. Please give me Verifiable facts on the age of Uzoenyi and Oshinawon. I have the facts on Gabriel.

Please don't argue blindly
Me,myself and I
posted: 06:44pm 18/01/2013
My people the time is almost at hand, everything now dey for baba God hand and all we fit do naa naa na to pray to baba God, so as of this moment make una knee down and say The Lord pray with me.

1. The Lord na mai shepherd, I dey kampke

2. He make mi sidon for where betta dey
flow and come put me next to stream make
mai bodi Thermacool.

3. He panel beat mai soul come spray am
white, come dey lead me dey go through
express road of righteousness for sake
of Hin name.

4. Walahi!, if I waka pass where arm
robber, 419 and juju people borku,
come even join okada reach valley of
the shadow of death sef, mai bodi dey
inside cloth. Your rod and staff nko?
Na so dem dey back like bone dey
comfort me.

5. You don prepare Banga and starch make
I chop. All mai enemies dey look
anyaya.
You rub me for head wit Vaseline
Intensive Lotion.
Mai cup na Ogunpa river wey come
overflow hin bank.

6. True true, betta life and mercy go gum
mai back till I quench. And man go
tanda for God house sotey sotey from
Lai lai to lai lai.

GOD ALMIGHTY, NA YOU BIKO.
AMIN!
Me,myself and I
posted: 06:48pm 18/01/2013
And all that believe shall say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amen
ZION 2
posted: 08:29pm 18/01/2013
Win the cup or not, Keshi is here to give us a team called SE,.. so far so good. I believe he is on the right track.
God be with our dear SUPER EAGLES.
Commonsense
posted: 09:00pm 18/01/2013
Hmmnnnnnn. Thinking. Hmmmnnnnn. Game147, you must have been born an old man. Wisdom is not common. I guess we indeed give myriads of some of our brother nations the fuel to throw sludge at us.

Naijas on this site, please lets all sheath our swords. Can we wash our dirty linens somewhere more unpublicly? Lets just agree to disagree. Even then, no matter your convictions on Keshi's approach either way, non of us have the information at his disposal. Who knows? When scrutinized our position may not stand the light of day under some revelations.

What am saying is, this is the time to play zombie and blindly support Keshi. As the competition unfolds, note your observations and present them here for us to analyze objectively.

I also suggest if you will agree with me that we set some ground rules going e.g. No insults etc. Principally ignore any Zambian or South African who would write annoying comments. Even provoked, lets not reply. UP SUPER EAGLES, UP KESHI
Commonsense
posted: 09:12pm 18/01/2013
Your pardon. I am deliberately reposting this:

Me,myself and I
posted: 10:08pm 18/01/2013
Hull City's Sone Aluko faces two months out, nice player I wish him well
Spoton
posted: 11:01pm 18/01/2013
@Commonsense, whilst people might disagree about SE's preparedness to win the tournament or indeed Keshi's team selection, every fan is hoping they win and will be cheering them on, so I believe there is really no sword to sheathe.
Some of us think with our brain that SE might not make it whilst believing with our heart that they will win - that to me is no contradiction but the reality of the warring emotions within a fan.
Up Naija...Fly Super Eagles...go for gold and confound your enemies and doubters.
posted: 11:39pm 18/01/2013
Sorry guys, I was about to throw my total support to Keshi and the Eagles till I read this. Now I can assure you guys, we are not going anywhere with this kind of fake man who has no pride

Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has admitted he would have loved to have Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi at the AFCON.

Ameobi opted to stay back with his English Premier League club rather than join up with the Eagles for the Nations Cup in South Africa.

Former Mali and Togo coach Keshi said he regretted the absence of the experienced Ameobi.

“We hope Shola Ameobi will return when the World Cup qualifiers resume in March,” Keshi said.

Ameobi failed to return calls put across to him by Keshi to know if he would join the team in their Faro training camp ahead of AFCON.

It was later disclosed that a clause in his contract stopped him from representing Nigeria at the AFCON.

The Kogi State-born striker opted to play for his parents’ country after he had featured for England at age-grade levels.

Meanwhile, Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan has restated his charge to the team to win a third Nations Cup trophy in South Africa.

Addressing press after federal executive council (FEC) meeting on Thursday in Abuja, sports minister Bolaji Abdullahi said the President wants Nigeria to win the cup as FEC prayed for the team’s success at AFCON.

He said, "President Goodluck Jonathan has tasked the Eagles to let their performances reflect on the status of the country as the giant of Africa.

“He wants Eagles to improve on the record of winning only two Nations Cups since inception. “The president also urged Nigerians to support the team in their quest to win a third AFCON title.\"

If Keshi makes it past the Afcon and ever invites Ameobi and Shittu again, we will show him that we the fans OWN Super Eagles not him and his corrupt NFF. Slyman ,
twentyone guns
posted: 02:21am 19/01/2013
I dey great every body for here especially my friends it been a long time since we've been discussing soccer this new year and another afcon .

Luis hero,billion,game147,philosophers,GhanaNigeria do or die I dey greet you. Alll
Azeebi
posted: 02:48am 19/01/2013
@Mr Anonymous, I believe you have problems with your memory... Where you the chief coach of Nigeria during the 2000 nations cup in Ghana and Nigeria..? We all know that bonfrefre Jo was the technical adviser, but his absurd and redundant tricks were exposed later during qualifiers when he could not even drew Siera-leone and ran away from Nigeria...
Secondly, please can you state your semantics instruments used to extract meaning from these discourse topics? Where did I stated that the English are a success story.. Can you help me with your method of extracting meaning from utterances? How connotative, denotative reflective or associative are your instruments synonymous to the intention or reality of the speaker? These are important to me, so as to know how to relate to your likes, because I stated clearly that I don't and can not stand for Juwon or Ejike...but for those two I know very well.
Obiora and Gabriel came into the whole arguement to show you that if the likes of Juwon are old, then there are real young players there...
Please, I hate calling people names but I know Nigerians needs amnesia test...and I stand by my words...
It is one thing to own communication devise like computer system, BlackBerry or any smart phone good enough to point at people statements, but it takes another given element to exhibit understanding or make sense...
Azeebi
posted: 03:01am 19/01/2013
Please if one is not capable of extracting meanings from other people utterances, it is advisable to keep mute... There is more to scripts or oral output in most discourse...
posted: 04:01am 19/01/2013
If Juwon or Ejike are old as Taiwo, that I can stand firm to argue on.
@Azeebi the above is what you said. Anybody who studied English to GCSE level will understand that you are saying you can stand firm and argue and defend the age of Juwon and Ejike against Taiwo's.

Oh, your running to the dictionary to use uncorrelated big words only made you look pathetic and funny. You were trying too hard, most educated people don't speak or write that way. Next time, try spell check and grammar check, before posting. Slyman
posted: 04:25am 19/01/2013
Until we learn to be logical, we can never succeed like the English..
If Juwon or Ejike are old as Taiwo, that I can stand firm to argue on.

@Azeebi the above is what you said. Or maybe...you just don't know what you are talking about. You need to finish debating yourself to actually figure out what you are supposed to be saying. I also noticed you could not answer any of my questions. I do not need to remind you again what you said about the English.

Oh, your running to the dictionary to use uncorrelated big words only made you look pathetic and funny. You were trying too hard, most educated people don't speak or write that way. Next time, try spell check and grammar check, before posting. Good night. Slyman
Laomedon
posted: 07:26am 19/01/2013
Geez @Azeebi Hahaha i nearly got cancer from reading your comment. You serious about life? Lol
Azeebi
posted: 08:55am 19/01/2013
@annonymous, I have problem with you still, What does this stands for (...)?
At this age an average man could believe that there are people who do not know what they are saying...
In linguistic there is nothing like that my friend...because even the smallest scratching of the head or any thing had meaning and the doer knows what that meaning. I advise you ask for clarification instead of going gaga with some attacks...like the normal Nigerian madness that had pinned them down dispute the huge potentials...
No wonder we are hated all over the world...
Azeebi
posted: 09:03am 19/01/2013
Apology for being mad, because only mad men spear time to answer every statements that point to them.
At the process of providing answers, one becomes angry en route to multiple errors...
I am sorry Mr @annynomous, if I had hurt you, that is not my job, but next time ask me about what I mean... That how civilised people act...and I believe we are both on that train which wants to see the progress of Nigeria no matter what...
charlesbrown
posted: 09:19am 19/01/2013
ThÉ rebuilding exercise in the eagles is a gud one jus dÀt keshi is rebuilding wit the wrong players. The process if rebuilding a team is intergrating younger players wit the older ones whereby the younger lads while understudy the old one and shud be brought into d team gradually. Keshi rebuildning wit players lyk oshaniwa,ejike uzoenyi,sunday mba,fengor ogunde,azubuike egwuekwe etc to me wunt be profitable to our football bcos dis guys re in their early thirties and wunt last long. Naija is blessed wit young and talented footballers who wen nutured well can beat any team in the world. Young players lyk sone aluko,daniel adejo (the best right back in the italian serie B),haruna lukman,joel obi,imoh ezekiel.anthony ujah,michael odibe,leon balogun, kim ojo, micheal olaitan and lots more shud be given a chance after afcon to prove their qualities. I commend keshi for given some younger players such as obiora,omeruo,musa,onazi and moses buh will advise him to invite more foreing based younger players to d team and also give dem the same chance he hv given his homebased players.
charlesbrown
posted: 09:19am 19/01/2013
danorous1
posted: 10:12am 19/01/2013
You are not the kinda coach that will give us world beaters. Siasia is way ahead of you. Your tactics and game plan is damn too poor. So get out
posted: 10:42am 19/01/2013
Azeebi, I appreciate how articulate your contributions are. WOULD HAVE LOVED TO MEET YOU.I was never Keshi's fan but having seen what he has done so far, i am convinced he only needs some assistance on how to organize his strikers in the vital opponents box. I don't think Amokachi and Atuegbu are the best candidates to assist him. A Siasia who is not arrogant would have been the best assistant to him.
Since Keshi took over, Nigeria has not been conceding too many goals again. I am seeing a more organised defence than what we used to have. That was why we were able to secure a draw with Catalonia or should i say BARCA. It is not impossible to win this AFCON 2013. Mark my words.
talk2okey_2005@yahoo.com
Game147
posted: 02:28pm 19/01/2013
@twentyone guns , Are you the real 21guns ? Wow, it's been along time. Abum ti senye ? Ukrunfo umutisenye ? I used my terracial tone representation to write but i'm sure you understand what i mean, lol. Surprised right ? Remain blessed.
stanslinks
posted: 02:43pm 19/01/2013
@ Azeebi, Please be corrected:
Nigerians are not hated all over the world. I don't know what part of the world you reside in, but am certain you don't reside in every part of the world. Some exaggerations are not needed and should not be accepted.
NU KING (ba mu da kingi)
posted: 03:55pm 19/01/2013
@ Azeebi, if u are been treated badly where ever you are. u need to check yourself. may be you are the season others think nigeria should be hated all over the world.
the way u sound i think you are not predictable. be a good nigerian and u shall find we are never hated in general!!! ONE LOVE MAN, JUST A POINT OF ORDERLINESS.

AFCON is here... oui my baby eagles. LIKE I FEEL COLD. what help do u need to excel here my baBY coach. I WILL PRAY FOR U. WILL PRAY YOUR SHAME IS COVERED,HUH?
GO EAGLES! BABY EAGLES GO GET THE CUP!!!

WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!!
twentyone guns
posted: 04:02pm 19/01/2013
Game147 ahaha, you are full of surprises,am doing great I hope you as well.
But have you been hearing from luis hero ,billion ,Sarah,mega n the rest
Game147
posted: 04:51pm 19/01/2013
@twentyone guns, Yeah, i do see comments from luis-hero , not heard from billion and sarah-the-grammarian. Your team is looking great. I know you would be very furious on how Akwasi Appiah dropped Dede Ayew, right ? Black stars is bigger than the Ayew family. I like Mr Appia's courage and i wish him well, not winning the Afcon though.......Nigeria will win.
posted: 05:24pm 19/01/2013
My guys dis Na Slyman. Let's get together and wish the Eagles well. There is nothing we can do now to change the players selected for the Afcon. We hope the fire in them will consume their opponents. There is an American saying \"it is not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog that carries the day\". So here is toasting the eagles. @ Azeebi, apology accepted. Let's move on. Slyman
oga
posted: 05:42pm 19/01/2013
Good talk coach, we need visionary leaders who think ahead. This boys would have grown in much needed confidence and experience by 2014. This is what I call planning. Don't be afraid we're with you all the way and I say it again here that in Jesus name this team will do us proud, starting from Monday.
posted: 09:41pm 19/01/2013
Keshi what the hell are you doing and talking about!!!?...if you dont have pride as a coach then we Nigerians are proud of our heritage and we cant tolerate such nonsense!!!....Why are you defending this old out of form ingrate? why didnt you defend or condon Osaze excesses? that shows that you are a wicked and stu..pid coach and have no decipline!!.You are just a pretender of a fool!!!!.......Now let me educate you further and for you to under stand that Nigerians will NEVER forgive this ingrate called Ameobi.First of all we invited him after the English national team rejected the old bag (32yrs), this is to enable him fulfill his ambition to play for a national team.He accepted the offer and played an average game against Venezuela.He never told you then that there is a clause on his contract, he made lots of statement to international news papers about his love of playing for Nigeria at Afcon if chosen.Now because of him, you rejected Martin (Some one we have known his pedigree for a long time ) as well as Osaze.These are players that could have added bite to our strike force.Opportunistic Ameobi knowing that Demba Ba will be sold to Chlesea decided to ditch you , Super eagles and Nigerian for Newcastle.....he prefer Newscastle to Nigeria, abi?...He refused to call you back or recieve your calls , abi?....you thought you have the best for Afcon but alas!!...he rejected you , Super Eagles and Nigeria!!!.Well Nigeria is bigger than any body or player, Ameobi have past his prime and you becoming his mouth piece to launder his image shows how wicked and bad you are!!, after all you never did that to Osaze or any of the dropped big boys.You are just creating an opportunity to invite him for the world cup...keshi we Nigerians are saying capital NO!!.Why wasnt Ameobi be the one to apologise and give reason for his absence at Afcon?.Unfortunately his presence at Newcastle is not being felt as newscastle have been beaten 2-1 by reading, therefore he is not even worth the stress.They will be heading for relegation, now he has lost show casing his talent to the world and will never play for any national team in a competitive game again!...what a shameful fellow.Keshi concentrate on your Afcon games and leave Ameobi to his self inflited faith, if you fail to perform at Afcon you will be sacked period!!!.He will never be allowed to play for Nigeria ..Nff pls take note and rule against Keshi plan .He insult 170million Nigerians and we will never take from any body!!!
twentyone guns
posted: 11:19pm 19/01/2013
@game147 Chai serah way not respect grammar ,what of ABC nko lol

Any as you know our coach dropping Dede is a big blow but the same time it gonna help us as we all know say ayew is fund of creating problems ,am glad atsu can do what he can do but the experience.

And also keshi dropping taiwo taiwo is a very risky for the leftback ,dropping odewingie is not a big problem because na him mate be Dede two stubborn rats lol

I wish super eagles meet us at semi finals,i dont want to talk plenty because you know we have been eliminating super eagles at semi finals which is not news anymore in African football .
Me,myself and I
posted: 01:00am 20/01/2013
My people, what is Keshi saying? Is he saying that if ameobi was play was playing for England he would still have such a clause in his contract, is that what Keshi want us to believe? Ameobi extends his Newcastle contract on the 10th August 2011, which will last him until the summer of 2014. Before that he signed three year extension on the 6th of january 2009 that will keep him in newcastle untill 2012. When did ameobi include this #### in his contract, is it when he was playing for England or when he extended his contract? Now is Keshi telling Nigerians that ameobi wants to play for Nigeria, this only shows that Keshi is full of #### look at a report that was made by ESPN FC on Novermber 13, 2012 some days before the Venezuela match (Despite this, manager Alan Pardew had voiced concerns at the extra travel required by his forward - with Ameobi explaining that Newcastle will always remain his top priority...."I think with my age and the travelling, that's what he's [Pardew] worried about. You don't get back 'til later, you don't get much time to recover but it's something that we will look at and make sure I'm not doing a disservice to the club.
"NEWCASTLE UNITIED WILL ALWAYS BE NUMBER ONE FOR ME,(NOT NIGERIA BUT NEWCASTLE) that is the bread and butter so that is something we'll look at. But he's delighted for me, as you'd expect because he wants a squad full of internationals here. He's happy for me.\\" ) so when Keshi is trying to make an excuse for somebody let him know that we Nigerians are not illiterates.

these balls
posted: 08:59am 20/01/2013
Wait till keshi is fired for losing to Zambia!
posted: 11:24am 20/01/2013
do nigeria have the luxury to experiment with younger players at AFCON games?againgst season players from european league,.it is too late already,it may work .
sunny
posted: 11:28am 20/01/2013
i like the combination martin and osaze
Game147
posted: 12:47pm 20/01/2013
@twentyone guns, We may not meet in the semi-finals but in the finals. May the best team win (NIGERIA).
stanslinks
posted: 01:05pm 20/01/2013
Keshi says he was taken in by the forward when he made his Nigeria debut in a cameo against Venezuela last November.
"He brings a lot to the table. He was almost like a second coach on the field, organizing the boys, showing his experience with calmness and maturity and off the field, he showed great humility.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone (but especially public figures MUST start being responsible or rather held accountable for their own words). Couch Keshi, do not only do justice, but let it be seen as though justice has been done. The above are your own words. Please reconcile these following previous words of yours with the present ones.
1. I cannot beg Osazee to call me or take my calls.
2. Shola has not taken or returned any of our calls. We are yet to hear from Shola
3. Osazee wants to be the captain of Super Eagles
4. He was almost like a second coach on the field, organizing the boys, (talking about Shola).
First of all, it was later known that you had spoken to Osazee days before your list came out and told him he was in your plan. This cannot be denied as you still presently use those same words about other excluded Super Eagles experienced players. You ended up excluding Osazee and part of your reasons is that he wants to be the captain. What about Shola that wants to take up Amokachi's job as a second couch, organizing the same boys that have been playing for the Super Eagles far before him? These are boys that also play for Europe and other foreign clubs like him.
Talking about humility, you did not specify what type of humility that was displayed by Shola. Is it the type that is displayed in cash? I am in utter amazement on how somebody who is seen as humble would after playing just one preparatory match, get the full backing of the couch, get invited into the final camping for a major tournament he claims to be interested in; then turn around to completely ignore, abandon and rubbish both the couch, technical crew and Nigerians in general. He still has not apologized for automatically becoming incommunicado. Yet he is still referred to as a very humble guy. One question our dare couch, If Shola wasn't humble, what would he not have done? This same guy has rejected Nigeria several times in his younger days. He was still giving another opportunity he couldn't get elsewhere and all he did was shred it like a piece of paper and threw it back into your face, Mr. Big Boss. By his action of totally ignoring you and the opportunity extended to him, he has called you a small boss and what you tell us is “he is humble”? Spare me that please......something must have happened behind closed door that you have not told us. Is he demanding his money since he eventually would not participate? Are you promising him his participation in the world cup can make up for the afcon, since there is no clause on his contract for the world cup? Is he threatening to expose you if he doesn't get back every dime he gave to you? Keshi, you must stop talking to us about Shola Amaobi, as we are pretending to have forgotten about that ingrate’s insults on us, please do not revisit that nonsense ever again. If you are not ashamed of this serious error you made, some of us are ashamed for you
Finally, even if it is true that there was a clause in Shola's contract, he certainly did not have knowledge of it only few weeks to the Afcon. The man signed that contract. Is he sneaky or humble for not telling couch Keshi about it from beginning? NO DOUBT SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE. If indeed he was not aware of the clause before he signed it, and couldn't get a lawyer or agent to interpret for him before signing, then he is not as intelligent as Couch Keshi makes him look outside the pitch. Couch Keshi, please focus on the Eagles you said are better or as good as the 94' squad.

Please report abusive posts to editor@kickoff.com