Sir Alex: Mourinho could replace me

Posted: 3 December 2012 Time: 09:56 am

Alex Ferguson has hinted that 'the Special One' could be his successor at Manchester United, despite the fact that he is a "cocky b*****".

The 70-year-old, who has been in charge at Old Trafford since 1986, has not yet revealed when he plans to retire, but says Jose Mourinho could be the man to replace him.

"He can manage anywhere, absolutely," Ferguson told an ITV4 documentary. "I would never think a guy who hasn't played a game could be a top coach but then you've got to look at his personality. He's got a marvellous, strong personality and that bridges that gap.

"I remember his first press conference [at Chelsea] and I thought, 'Christ, he's a cocky b*****, him'. He was telling the players, 'Look, I'm the special one, we don't lose games'.

"Bloody hell, coming to England, he is only a young man and saying he is the special one! But it told all the players to have the belief they were going to win the League."

The Scot added that he enjoys a close friendship with the Portuguese, saying: "When he comes into my office he can take a joke against himself, that is what I like about him.

"I give him a lot of stick and he laughs it off. I don't think [his controversial image] bothers Jose. He knows it is results that count."

Anonymous
posted: 10:02am 03/12/2012
Wanna be replaced by a job hopper?
simplythapelo@gmail.co.za
posted: 10:10am 03/12/2012
mourinho can really take manchester to another level, he knows english soccer and has even succesfuly coached in england.
Reclaiming The Glory
posted: 10:53am 03/12/2012
THe Only One
Khosiologyst ...''Echte Liebe''
posted: 10:58am 03/12/2012
*Pheeew* i thought Sir Alex was gonna ask for Master Baxter...we are safe. hehehe
TREBLE CHAMP KING
posted: 11:12am 03/12/2012
\"He can manage anywhere, absolutely,\"

just like CR7, he can play anywhere

the great shall replace the great
Guilty
posted: 11:14am 03/12/2012
The only one................
Prof_Makaveli
posted: 11:36am 03/12/2012
Sir Alex, Johan Neeskens is also available, he is also one cocky b*****, 1st press conference he said \"I'm a winner nd I'm here to win cups\" unfortunateltly he had a TEKOloshe in his team, he even gave it the armband...he left SA without even winning 1 cup

Bt he myt do well in ManCheaters United...he is available nd will take the English Media to the cleaners every week!!

"Most of u have never even kicked a ball in their lives, nd have no right to critisize my team\"- Johan Neeskens
Mavata
posted: 11:56am 03/12/2012
That is rich coming from Sir to Special wow. I luv it
Malots
posted: 01:14pm 03/12/2012
well said SIR!
Nebo
posted: 01:16pm 03/12/2012
Khosiologyst

...........
Relax nor one will take him away from u but he will take himself away for de team just very soon.
Miyelani19861208
posted: 01:54pm 03/12/2012
The Only One
Futbol-Aficionado
posted: 08:09pm 03/12/2012
We already know that success mimics success. But, in this case, at this cross-road, greatness intersected greatness. Thank you Sir Ferggie for living this fact; and its most humbling of you. Be well all the time!

"Knowledge is like onyx. One digs deep to have it.\"
Dr Khoza
posted: 08:13pm 03/12/2012
Jomo Sono:\"MaTshepiso could replace me at Jomo Cosmos\"

Please report abusive posts to editor@kickoff.com